At this time of year everyone is franticly getting ready for Christmas and planning for 2014, we are no different.
So when do you give yourself or your team time to reflect on the year that was?
- What worked really well?
- What didn’t work so well?
- What are you most proud of?
- What needs improving?
- What kept getting delegated to the bottom of the to-do-list?
As they say: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.
Take time to reflect on the year that was and drive this reflection into your planning for 2014. I know it sounds like a no brainer but all too often we ‘just do it’ and like 2013, the years fly by.
As I look outside my four walls, wow, what a year!
- Scientists using 3D printers to print body parts
- The 266th pope was elected, Pope Francis
- Amazing International Fleet Review
- Great tragedy with the Boston bombings, typhoon Yolanda and the bush fires across NSW
- R.I.P Nelson Mandela
- Plus many more ground breaking events.
I have been fortunate enough to have an incredible year, both professionally and personally. I have met loads of amazing people, distilled sage advice, celebrated and had some vomit moments. Most of all I am enjoying the ride as we speed into 2014.